Friday, July 02, 2004

Painting has begun

When I went out at coffee break time to see what was new, at first I thought it was just the same old same old, electricians working in the ceiling. There is an astonishing amount of wiring and fixture installation that has to be completed before the ceiling can go up. If you peek out into the fourth floor at any time you're likely to see the bottom halves of lots of men sticking down out of the ceiling.
The electrical work continues in the main part of the fourth floor. Back in the stacks, however, they have begun painting the walls! Much of the Microfiche area has been painted, and some of the wall in the stacks. It's a really beautiful color with the rather prosaic name of "Favorite Tan". The ceilings haven't been installed out in the stacks either, but I guess you paint the walls before putting the ceilings in.
I'm happy to report that the painters, too, enjoy singing and whistling while they work. There was a crew of 4 or 5 electricians working in the elevator lobby this morning, just outside our offices, and they began to sing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" at which point an unidentified law librarian opened the door and began singing "aweema weh aweema weh".

The microfiche room is being painted


The lovely color of the paint is called "Favorite Tan"

No comments: